Date: January 9, 2020
Time: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Location: Community Education Center (CEC)
4 Erie Avenue
St Marys, PA
ROOT CAUSE ANALYSIS provides a disciplined approach to problem solving.
Don’t just put a bandage on a problem – Discover a disciplined approach to problem solving. Once a root cause is identified and remedied, final system outcomes improve – preventing it from occurring again.
Participants will learn:
- How to clearly define the problem
- How to characterize the process where the problem is
- When to use anecdotal evidence and when to use hard data
- How to develop a sampling strategy and collect data
- Several analytical tools and when each is most appropriate
- Strategies to improve processes and prevent recurrence of the root cause
Who should attend: Quality, Safety, Risk, and Reliability managers. Process engineers, Operations supervisors, Process owners, and anyone who wants to improve their ability to solve recurring problems.
Instructor: Max Krug
You may be eligible to receive grant funding from WEDnet to cover the cost of this course. To check your eligibility, visit www.wednetpa.com.
Please register by Friday January 3, 2020.
Email email@example.com for additional information or questions.
Community Education Center (CEC)