Do you have an overdue project or targeted outcome that you just can’t get to or prefer not to consume existing staff resources. Perhaps you haven’t explored the potential of a college student intern, or perhaps you thought about it but don’t have resources to take further action.
After meeting with students at five career fairs over the last several weeks, we have some highly qualified and motivated students available in our internship program database. These students, who are interested in manufacturing internships in northwestern PA, are from schools including: University of Pittsburgh, Penn State (Main Campus), Penn State Behrend, Grove City College, and Indiana University of Pennsylvania (IUP). Here are some of the academic disciplines of students we are looking to place in the coming months:
- Material Science & Engineering
- Industrial Engineering (including several students with Six Sigma green belt certification)
- Bio Engineering
- Process Engineering (ideal students for continuous improvement activities)
- Supply Chain Management / Optimization
- Mechanical / Design Engineers;
- Electrical Engineers; and
- Health, Safety & Environment (ideal students for working on emergency management, risk assessments, and hazardous materials related projects)
If your company would like the opportunity to engage one of these talented students for a current project or would like NWIRC to help you scope a project that can improve a process, achieve a targeted outcome, or accelerate the use of technology to gain a competitive advantage, contact Michael Griffith at (814) 898-6882 to find out how.