Manufacturers who implement lean often see significant results after initial training and running some key events. For many, it’s a challenge to continue the efforts and engage all of your employees in continuous improvement. Lean Together™ is an ongoing collaborative learning program focused on developing true and lasting cultural changes, where everyone’s job is making small incremental improvements- everyday.
- Structured approach with practice along the way
- Collaborative learning with peers
- Share and test ideas with peers and an expert group leader
- Accelerate your understanding and experience
- Tailor discussion topics to your specific situation(s)
Lean Together™ 1.0
Lean Together™ 1.0 is is designed for manufacturing companies to study and implement concepts from the book, 2 Second Lean, by Paul Akers. The agenda provides a structured approach with practice and collaborative learning along the way.
- 9 monthly / 2 hour sessions (educational curriculum and facility tours)
- “Book club” discussions of the 2 Second Lean™ book by Paul A. Akers (copy of the book included)
- Sessions facilitated by an accomplished Lean expert
- 1:1 onsite assistance for each company- at your facility (2 sessions / 2 hours each)
Cost is $250/monthly for 2 seats.
Lean Together™ 2.0
With a focus on growing people, 2.0 is for the advancement of continuous improvement and 2 Second Lean initiatives. Hear from a subject matter expert each month to build upon your company’s efforts. Topics include: establishing the culture of continuous improvement; generational diversity; leading without authority; critical thinking; getting training to stick; and key performance indicators….to name just a few. Additional highlights of the program include:
- April 2018 kick-off featuring industry expert, Stephen Ansuini, founder of Employee Development Center. Ansuini worked with Toyota Motor Manufacturing for over 20 years. His company provides lean manufacturing training to Fortune 500 companies and worked with Purdue University Polytechnic to establish a Lean Environment Simulator (LES)
- Panel discussion among manufacturers who have successfully implemented a company ‘academy’ or ‘university’.
- Onsite assistance focusing on related topic(s) of your choosing (2 sessions, 2 hours each).
Attendees should be from a previous company participant of Lean Together™ 1.0; or from a company currently advancing concepts of 2 Second Lean.
Cost is $250/monthly for 2 seats.
Lean Together™ CEO Roundtable
A quarterly roundtable for executives who lead companies that have participated in Lean Together™ or are advancing concepts of 2 Second Lean. A facilitator will lead discussion topics for the two-hour quarterly morning meetings, which may also include a subject matter expert. The topics for each session will be designed via collaborative effort among the group members.
- Participate in confidential peer to peer discussions
- Showcase successes of your company culture
- Gain insights and test ideas
- Stay connected with other companies pursuing 2 Second Lean
- Serve as thought-leaders to others pursing 2 Second Lean
- Advise future curriculum of Lean Together™ programs
Cost is $250/quarterly.
Here is what manufacturers are saying:
“For the past two years, our employees have been applying 2 Second Lean. The results have been very positive from the individual, organization, business, and customer perspective. We’re looking forward to taking our 2 Second Lean success to the next level as a participant in the Lean Together working group.” Scott Eighmy, CEO; American Turned Products
“2 Second Lean is less about mastering lean terminology and tools and everything about engaging your employees and building a culture of continuous improvement. No small feat, but 2 Second Lean, and now the Lean Together program, is the one – two punch combination to that end.” Charlie Rutkowski, Plant Manager; Industrial Sales & Manufacturing, Inc.
“We have only been at the 2 Second Lean approach for a short time, but already our employees are engaged looking every day to eliminate the little things that bug them and to fix what can easily be fixed. We are excited about the opportunity to learn from others and accelerate our success through the Lean Together program.” Dan Ignasiak, President; South Erie Production Co., Inc.(SEPCO)
“A critical component to 2 Second Lean success is learning from others and then helping others learn from you. Lean Together provides that platform.” Bob Zaruta, President, NWIRC
“2 Second Lean has taken the critical identification of waste out of management’s hands and put it into everyone’s hands. The front-line staff now identify problems and waste; they own it and they fix it. The buy-in starts at the top.” Bob Hill, President; Solar Atmospheres (and previous Lean Together 1.0 participant)
“Not only has 2 second lean helped us make improvements to our production process, but it has also been a building block for our organization to build a culture focused on teamwork, ownership of mistakes and improved safety awareness. I am very happy with our progress associated with 2 second lean and thank NWIRC’s Lean Together program for their effort and support throughout our journey.” Dean Madasz, Chief Operating Officer, Thompson Fabricating, Inc. and Lean Together 1.0 Participant