Northwest Industrial Resource Center (NWIRC) is seeking a student intern with focus on Systems Integration Engineering for a client in Elk County. The Intern will implement and integrate a closed loop communications system linking operations between Engineering, Production and Tooling departments. Specifically, the successful candidate will:
- Perform a Gap Analysis analyzing the current state to a desired future state by:
- Evaluating the current system to identify what it currently does
- Communicatng extensively with Plexus and other operating systems to learn what the current system can do, but is not currently being utilized
- Identifying what outside the current system is needed to achieve the desired future state
- Manage implementation through completion such that the integrated closed loop system will:
- Monitor and track all updates by each individual department, including Engineering changes, obsolete tooling, internal testing and modifications.
- Fulfill, in real time, any issues created during unforeseen modification.
- Work within the constraints of Plex, Agile and QAD systems
- Be easily accessible and user-friendly to a variety of skilled or non-skilled individuals
Candidates are required to be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university with an expected graduation no later than May 2018, shall be pursuing a four-year degree in Systems Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related technical field; have working knowledge of various software systems and ability to work at an Elk County PA facility at least some portion of the project.
Additionally, the ideal candidate shall have proven software programming skills, prior manufacturing experience and excellent communication skills, and be a responsible individual with great attention to detail. A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale is required.
The project can start immediately. The ideal candidate can start in December 2016, if the candidate can work at the Elk County facility during Christmas break, and work through completion, approximately 6-9 months working off-site. The intern pay rate is anticipated at a minimum $12.00 per hour depending upon experience, knowledge and skills.
Qualified candidates can send their resume and an introductory email highlighting relevant coursework and experience for the position by December 18th, 2016 to: Ms. Gretchen Reinard, NWIRC STEM Manufacturing Intern Program Coordinator, at email@example.com. You can also apply online at www.nwirc.org/internship.